Tips on using clothes lines*:
- For softer line-dried clothing, add a half cup of vinegar to your washer's rinse cycle.
- To keep dark or brightly colored clothes fading in the sun, hang them inside out.
- Hang shirts by the hem or tail and clothespin marks won't show
- Don't set up a clothesline under trees! Birds might use your wash for target practice.
- IN cold or wet weather, hang the laundry on the line in large, heated space that has good air circulation.
- Shake and snap items briskly through the air before you hang them. Most of the wrinkles will disappear.
- To get jeans and towels completely dry, hang folded over the line until the outer sides are dry. Then refold and hang again, damp sides out.
- Put heavy items near ends of the line to reduce sagging
- Drape fitted sheets folded over the line so pockets are on the inside, where they won't catch leaves or debris.
*All tips taken from Country Women Magazine :)